16 April 2011

ch-ch-ch-changes


I've been needing a big change for several years now. I haven't been happy with my job but didn't really know what else to do so I've just been stuck in a rut and miserable. Well, come April 18th I've got a BIG change starting up and I'm so excited!

I'm a believer in destiny and fate, as cheesy as it may sound. Too many things have happened in my life that were so lucky that they had to be fate. Anyway, I was coming home on the subway one night and noticed an ad for a graphic design course. I thought about it then promptly put it to the back of my mind. Then I saw the ad in another magazine and saw that there was an open house to check out the school at the end of February. I went, thinking it can't hurt to see what they have to offer, and I was really impressed with it but still a little hesitant to fully commit. This didn't stop me from talking about it with everyone I could and thinking about it A LOT. So I started to really consider it and was ready to put my deposit down but needed just a little bit more reassurance. When I heard they were having another presentation I took Heidi, and after hearing what they had to say again and talking with the instructors, I put down my deposit. I went to work that day and it was the happiest I've been there in years! Just knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel gives me a new focus. It's a 3 month course, Monday through Friday, from 8 to 5pm. I really like that it's short, but I'll learn what I need to know to get a job and start earning some money by September. I'm still going to be working nights and weekends at my current job to keep my insurance and have some money for rent and food but I KNOW I'm headed for a better future. YAY!

--Katie

1 comment:

Darleen said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope you love it!! And maybe we can exchange a few secrets.

 
Clicky Web Analytics