08 July 2009

away we go

We went to the film Away We Go a week ago and my new music find is Alexi Murdoch whose music was all over the film. I had one song from an OC soundtrack but now I've got his album Time Without Consequence and it's perfect for right now since I'm in a homesick, melancholy, ennui state of mind for the last month (June was the worst month this year). He's very mellow and it's what I need right now (it's been all about sad songs or angry punk on the ipod playlist). The film was also so good and I highly recommend it-it corresponds to a lot I've been dealing with lately (minus the pregnancy!).

Here is a live video of Orange Sky which is probably my favorite and is it just me or does he totally remind you of Nick Drake too?




--Katie

2 comments:

Jo said...

yes so nick drake. and loved the movie also. you stopped through slc at all this summer?

allie said...

oh...Katie!!!! I love you and I loved this movie - it was so great. I know what you mean about relating with trying to find your place in world.

I'm glad you are loving Alexi I have his album also and it's GREAT!

If you are looking for a place to go you should come see ME!!!

Love you :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics