17 November 2008

it's a sign

Being the design junkie that I am I have a tendency to take pictures of signs that I find interesting. I also have silly sense of humor so some signs or notices that I spot will make me giggle for days. Here are a few of my favorites.

In 2006 we went to jolly old England to see THE MAN in his home country. Not only did we get to go on tour but we got to see this:

In Birmingham--I love the basic graphic design, so subtle.


In Kings Lynn--We got into town late and went wandering around for food. It had been a long day of travel so we were in crankytown. This made us laugh and made our night brighter.


In London--we stumbled upon this charming sign. I couldn't help but read it in a silly voice, with strong emphasis on the cheeeese. It is the oldest pub in London and was also in Miroslav Sasek's book This is London. Looks like we aren't the only ones who love it.


Potty humor, I see the funniest things in bathrooms all over.

In Oxford--this sign made me laugh so hard when I first saw it. We went to a department store to use the restroom. It made me wonder what had happened to prompt them to make a sign to remind people of such a basic thing.



This is from Parsons, bathroom graffiti is so much better at an art school.


We went to the Coney Island freak show labor day weekend with our sister Denise. We enjoyed the freak show but the bathroom had some classy entertainment.



Graffiti from Salt Lake City, inspiring reminder to...


vs. graffiti from Brooklyn, inspiring but in a different way


These signs are what really catch my eye












Last year when we were in Oakland for THE MAN we saw this and thought it very appropriate


Many New Yorkers can relate to this


There have been times late at night we have thought this very thing...


I wish I could have been there to see who did this one.

--heidi

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics