02 April 2008

we are fragile things

Sunday night Heidi and I decided to try to find an old friend from high school in a google search with unhappy results. Tragically we discovered that she had passed away this past Christmas from breast cancer at the very young age of 30 years old. Ever since this discovery I've been thinking about her a lot and I feel so sad for her family left behind-especially her two little boys. I haven't talked to her in over 14 years but whenever I hear "The Tide is High" by Blondie I still always think of her. When we were in high school we would listen to this song and dance in her backyard over and over, sometimes it would turn into a tribute to synchronized swimming with the garden hose (you'd have to be there).

Every now and again it doesn't hurt to be reminded of how lucky I am to be healthy (even though my feet hurt all the time) and things could be so much worse than I think as I moan about petty little things.

-Katie

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics